For Immediate Release
PATRICK STEWART, VAL KILMER & DEAN CAIN AMONG STARS TO APPEAR AT OHIO COMIC CON POP CULTURE EVENT FROM SEPTEMBER 28-30
“We’ve really set the show in the right direction. It will surprise a lot of people,” said Wizard World Vice President of Business Affairs & Development Peter Katz.
• Sir Patrick Stewart, known as Captain Jean-Luc Picard in “Star Trek” and Professor Charles Xavier in “X-Men” movies
• Val Kilmer, who appeared in “Batman Forever,” “The Doors” and “Top Gun,” in his first Wizard World appearance
• Dean Cain of “Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman”
• John De Lancie, a frequent “Star Trek” guest star
• WWE Superstar CM Punk
• “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” star Eliza Dushku
• The Boondock Saints
• Comic book creators, artists and writers
• Comic book dealers
Advance one-day passes are $30 online and $50 for a three-day pass. Tickets cost more when purchased at the door. Kids age 10 and younger are admitted free with an adult paying admission.
Show hours are:
• Friday, September 28 from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
• Saturday, September 29 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
• Sunday, September 30 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For more information about tickets and programming for this event, visit www.wizardworld.com.
Wizard World produces Comic Cons and pop culture conventions throughout the continent, featuring celebrities from movies and television, artists and writers.
“Wizard World events provide the best in pop culture for the entire family,” said SMG Regional General Manager Craig M. Liston.
The Greater Columbus Convention Center, located in downtown Columbus, hosted an estimated 2.5 million visitors in 2011. The facility is owned by the Franklin County Convention Facilities Authority and is managed by SMG.
Since 1977, SMG has provided management services to more than 220 public assembly facilities including arenas, stadiums, theatres and performing arts centers, equestrian facilities and convention, congress and exhibition centers. With facilities across the globe, SMG manages more than 11 million square feet of exhibition space. As the recognized global industry leader, SMG provides construction and design consulting, pre-opening services, venue management, sales, marketing, event booking and programming. SMG also offers food and beverage operations through an in-house catering company, Savor, currently servicing more than 100 accounts worldwide.
Visit www.columbusconventions.com and www.smgworld.com for more information.
Jennifer B. Davis
Marketing & Communications Manager
Greater Columbus Convention Center