For Immediate Release
West Garage Expansion Project - Week 30
• Work on the Vertical Expansion and South Expansion continues Monday, July 30th - Friday, August 3rd
o Level 5 – Level 4(West) are barricaded as Construction Zone only.
o Front Street Exit/Entrance Closed
o Stair 1 & 2 barricaded above Level 4 for Construction
o Stair 3 barricaded above Level 3 for Construction
o Elevator 3 closed during Construction (Front Street Elevator)
o Elevator 1 & 2 closed during Construction (Vine Street Elevators)
• Vine Street Entrance for Battleship Tenants OPENED
o South Side Exit to Convention Center Drive for Battleship Tenants open this today through Sunday
1. Gate shut for 4 hours on Saturday morning/afternoon to set columns with crane
o Starting Monday 8/13 Exit to Convention Center Drive will be closed until pedestrian bridge foundation and piers have been completed from the project across the railroad tracks.
o Sits on west/south side of garage near Convention Center Drive
• Clock Tower Reinstallation – Monday, 8/13/12
o Monday 8/13 from (6am-6pm)
o Vine St through traffic Closed
o Police will be stationed at Vine and Front.
o Vine Street entrance to the garage will remain open.
o Vine Street entrance closed during clock tower pick, approximately 10:00am to 10:30am
o Wall St Closed @ Spruce
o North Market south entrance closed
o North Market loading dock will remain open
o Battleship alley open to enter alley from west Vine Street or exit onto Vine Street west bound only.
• Brick Installation to begin Thursday 8/16 Stair Tower 1
o Hydro-mobile to be set in Wall St Alley
Here are the scheduled activities for the 29th week of Construction:
1. Form and pour crashwalls on Level 6 South Expansion
2. Wreck shoring/install reshores under Level 5 pours
3. Install scaffold and forms for L6/L7 slab pours
4. Pour Stairs Tower #3
5. Install Elevator 1&2
6. Tie-in floor drains on South Expansion
7. Elevator work in Tower 3- Final Adjustments
8. Second Level Reshore Removal
9. Ground Level Work to Continue
10. Brick/CMU Installation North Elevation
Jennifer B. Davis
Marketing & Communications Manager
Greater Columbus Convention Center